Re: [tlug] Linux Web hosting recommendations

I just wanted to report on conclusions arrived at based on the very
helpful responses to my query about "barebones Linux hosting".

On 12/13/2012 12:35 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:

On 2012-12-12 at 05:43:20, Charles Muller wrote:
I am looking for a Linux-based VPS that allows about 40 GB
(preferably something in the Debian/Ubuntu family). Location
can be here in Japan, as well as in North America or Europe,
hopefully in the range of less than $50 a month.

I've been very happy with my Linode (https://www.linode.com/)
servers that run Debian. They have options that meat your specs
and price, and have several Linux distros available, including
both Debian and Ubuntu.

We have been testing Linode for about two weeks, and we are quite happy with what we have seen so far. We will probably move our sites there early next year. Thanks so much for this recommendation.

Chuck

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan

Office: 03-5841-3735