[tlug] Japanese and Android tablets like the Nexus 7

Hi all,

slightly Offtopic maybe, but probably of common interest.

What applications do you find interesting for your Android
device/tablet, maybe Japan related?  What way do you use to
access data on the tablet?

My takes on this so far:

Accessing data:
- over usb: As the Nexus7 does not present itself as usb
  storage device, using 'jmtpfs' turned out to me as the only
  reliable way.  The storage gets mounted as filesystem.
  Not yet packaged for Fedora18 but easy to build.
- over wlan: running sshdroid on the tablet and using sshfs
  on a linux system is reliable

Applications, Japanese related:
- google translate is amazing: recognizing kanji painted by
  hand, or spoken into the device.
- the iKnow application, nice for offline japanese learning

Further applications:
- Mizudrioid (sip, can also do DTMF)
- Uae4Droid - nice to see amiga demos on a tablet
- JasmineIM - xmpp communication
- vlc - playing media

An thing I am missing is an offline map application.  Google
maps does not allow caching of Japan.  Restriging myself to
only 150mb traffic at my last Japan trip did sum up to 400€
with the german phone contract..

cheers, Christian