Re: [tlug] Linux Web hosting recommendations

> I am looking for a Linux-based VPS that allows about 40 GB
> (preferably something in the Debian/Ubuntu family). Location can be
> here in Japan, as well as in North America or Europe, hopefully in
> the range of less than $50 a month.

I've a blog post, which I've updated a few times, on the low-end cloud
providers:
http://darrendev.blogspot.jp/2012/04/ive-been-participating-in-hp-clouds.html
(I did try Azure, but as of 3 months ago, it did not work for me [1])

Things change regularly, but currently the Rackspace 512MB server is
$16/month:
   http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/public/servers/pricing/

I thought they said you could add a bigger disk, as a separate option,
but maybe that is still in beta, as I don't see it mentioned on the URL.

You just get a linux machine: you need to install the stuff you want and
keep it up to date. But it sounds like that is what you are after.

Darren

[1]:
http://darrendev.blogspot.jp/2012/09/microsoft-azure-cloud-hosting-vapourware.html