Re: [tlug] Wine issues

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
I found that running games in an XP install on VBox is _usually_ better
than trying anything using Wine ... except a couple of MS-branded games
I won a few years back have vid issues.  Most of our other games from
the WIN 3.1 / 95 / 98 eras all run just fine.

I suppose it would.  But I will not buy XP, nor copy it...

But I had a sudden idea: Could it come from the monitor itself? It comes from Japan,
a Mitsubishi MTD243WG. In "DV MODE" menu, there are different choices (STD-1 and 2,
IVTEXT, sRGB, TV, GAME-1 &2, CINEMA), and seem very different (some have advantages
in "gradiation patterns, with some color functions missing", some have advantage in "color functions",
according to the small description in monitor setup menu.
I have no idea of what it could mean (and as doc was in Japanese only I think I did throw it).

If someone has an equivalent menu on a Mistubishi monitor, do you have an idea on what it means?
Could it beak colors? I am very naive on color/gradiation management. And even if I would, I don't know
what it could mean on my model. Sorry, this becomes probably off-topic. This path is also probably
a wrong one, I have no clues...

Thanks for your suggestion, CL,

Bruno.

--