Re: [tlug] Skype & PaX

On 06/20/2012 07:55 AM, David J Iannucci wrote:
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012, at 12:54, Edward Middleton wrote:

Thanks for the details, Edward.

And from a *buntu user, as well.

I've now installed the new 4.0, and a little surprised at how little it
seems to have changed from 2.2 beta, except the addition of at least
one major bug causing a crash&  burn

You forgot to mention the new icons. It still won't let me completely alphabetize my address book like the WIN version does and insists on grouping "online," "phone," and "offline" together. I am "not yet" experiencing crashes with Kubuntu. I actually run my "real" Skype connection off a diskless HP Thin Client using an XP variant. It handles my ancient Pioneer USB Skype phone and Logitech Orbit video just fine and can be squirreled away off my physical desktop. I use it regularly for video deposition work for US clients and it has never let me down. I switch between using a DMI/USB 2 CPU switch. The reason for my Linux Skype is to monitor Skype chats and for a quick heads up when there is an incoming call. Only four extended chats, so far, but no issues.

--
CL