[tlug] Linus Torvalds + NVidia

Hi all,

I hope the course language doesn't offend anyone :-), but sooner or later, we'll probably hear about this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv4s0vx4-Fk&feature=related

which is a snippet of a talk that Linus gave. In the snippet, someone asks him about the NVidia Optimus technology whereby an NVidia chip co-exists on a laptop motherboard with another onboard graphics card. The video is the question and his reply...

This problem is the exact same problem I had (and am still having) with my laptop which I had asked last year here way back in September:

http://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1109/msg00107.html

In the end, Linus summarized my problem better than I could! :-)

Ray

PS: Based on the phrasing of the question, it seems a solution is available recently...I'll be sure to look into it.