Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Laptop Assistance Please + Rant about Akihabara

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Jawaad Mahmood
<jawaad.mahmood@example.com> wrote:
> In short: I want a laptop that is guaranteed to run with a version of Linux,
> preferably Ubuntu (although I'd be happy with a Debian laptop).
>
> Requirements:
> - Decent monitor (1600 x something)
> - Complete compatibility
> - Portability (IE: not too heavy)
> - Functional monitor outputs (At least one, but two is ideal).
>
> I know there was a thread about this a few months back but I wasn't able to
> find it despite repeated searches.  (Maybe it is time for me to volunteer to
> improve the search on the TLUG archives - that can happen after I get a
> laptop so I can work ;))

I think these are the threads you were looking for:
http://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1203/msg00050.html
http://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1204/msg00045.html
Take a look at the March/April archives

I am currently using an ASUS U30SD, dual boot (Windows 7/ Fedora), but
I have issues with sound under linux (after some boots I get sound,
and after others not). Still don't know the reason.

Hector