Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Laptop Assistance Please + Rant about Akihabara

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Edward Middleton <edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
On 06/08/2012 11:10 AM, Jawaad Mahmood wrote:
> In short: I want a laptop that is guaranteed to run with a version of
> Linux, preferably Ubuntu (although I'd be happy with a Debian laptop).
>
> Requirements:
> - Decent monitor (1600 x something)
> - Complete compatibility
> - Portability (IE: not too heavy)
> - Functional monitor outputs (At least one, but two is ideal).

You didn't mention price, or specs.  The last three business laptops I
purchased, where second hand T series thinkpad's from be-stock[1].  They
were well supported and in the condition stated on the advertisements.

I am willing to spend around 150,000 yen.
Not concerned with specs (web programming laptop, I already have a server to deal with heavy processing)

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look.
--
Sincerely yours,

Jawaad Mahmood