From: Nava Whiteford [mailto:new@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 4:06 PM
To: Tokyo Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [tlug] Fortran --> Python (was linux engineer)

>  their own stellar atmosphere code in perl or python or c or ... And
> so with the students studying under them. (I've also heard from some
> theoriticians - even 'young' ones - that  Fortran is still the
> superior  language for numerical work.)

There was an interesting article doing the rounds a few weeks ago about how
a language can be faster than C, that had one or two interesting comments
about Fortran:

http://beza1e1.tuxen.de/articles/faster_than_C.html

broadband Internet services to individuals and corporations.
Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/

-----
No virus found in this message.