Re: [tlug] Top-posting (was: plonk [Re: Classes])

On 30 May 2012 21:02, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>....... The list policy was first established after the
> Horrific Events in the summer of 2002 that saw pretty much all the old
> hands leave the TLUG list (including yourself, if my memory serves).
> Luckily for us, they're pretty much all back now, but that took
> several years.

I'd totally forgotten about that.

I was in Tokyo in July 2002 and I recall an open-air nomikai with a
Korean barbecue. It was a *very* boozy event; I was glad to have made
it back afterwards to my room in HitotsubashiDai's place in Jinbouchou.

I think the exodus was after that. I'm sure the events were unrelated.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University