Re: [tlug] Making better use of SSDs?: Beware of Heavy Write Usage

Hi Xuan,

On Monday, May 28, 2012 10:57 AM, Xuan Dung Bui wrote:
Writes wear out SSDs

I guess RAID + SSDs will solve this

Ummmmm, I guess so... Actually, under all the options that were being considered, the data on the SSD would be a copy of data from elsewhere. It would be placed on the SSD to run something or while something is running (i.e., swap file).

So, data loss is not much of a concern. My query was about getting the most (in run time) with an SSD.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ray