Re: [tlug] [OT] plonk [Re: Classes]

> really like using apt-get for packages. Maybe someone can explain what
they
> like about Gentoo?

>.... rpm and debian packages, take me much longer to
throw together and I usually find they tend to break more often.
>Having a good build system allows me to make extreamly minimal system,
with only the packages and features I need.

That's a good point. I usually haven't had debian packages break on me until
I do a system upgrade or something. That's one thing about Ubuntu's "6 month
cycle" that I find arbitrary.

I'll be installing Linux soon on my laptop and Gentoo is beginning to look
more and more attractive.