Re: [tlug] Disks

> I spent a week trying to load the latest version(s) of Linux, all
> without luck. I'm going to mow try CDs. Can anyone please tell me
> where I can pick up or how I could get hold of the latest Ubuntu &/or
> Fedora CDs?

As others have said, you download them and burn them yourself. Is the
problem that you don't have a CD burner? Perhaps someone can suggest an
internet cafe, or somewhere like Kinkos? (I don't know of any.)

Canonical also sell the CDs:
  https://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=17

Personally, I think I'd invest in a USB CD/DVD burner that would work
with both your notebook and an ipad :-)

Darren

P.S. Being as you can already install version 8.10, but not 12.04, my
hunch is that CDs won't help. Instead, my guess is there is something
about your system that 12.04 does not like. Have you tried any versions
between yet? E.g. 10.04 is a LTS version, so still actively supported.
(After all updates you'll be running Firefox 12.0, for instance.)

Taking your notebook to the next Linux meeting or nomikai, and watch an
expert troubleshoot the install, will also be very educational.