Re: [tlug] Computer museums (was: Favorite Linux laptops these days?)

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> 2012/4/30 David J Iannucci <jlinux@example.com>:
>
>> Following and reading these links, I've learned that the Computer Museum
>> in Boston closed in 1999!  And here I still thought of that as the
>> preeminent museum of its kind.
>
> That is a shame indeed. However, next time you're on this side of the
> pond, there's a fantastic computer history museum at Bletchley Park
> [1], home of Alan Turing's Enigma-breaking effort during WWII.

There's a Technology Museum in Mountain View CA (wlking distance from
the Google Campus) which has lots of computer-related stuff in it.  I
wouldn't be surprised if you can track a lot of the stuff that was at
the old Computer Museum to a very short list of locations, too.