Re: [tlug] A DVD to file converting shop?

Hi Shmuel,

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Shmuel Fomberg
<shmuelfomberg@example.com> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend on a shop that will take the DVDs and make a bunch of
> avi-s out of them?

I know both Bic Camera and Yodobashi Camera could convert VHS tapes to
files for me -- I've done that before.  I guess they can do the same
with DVDs.

The problem is if you can't read them, I'm not so sure they can,
either.  More importantly, if they are commercial DVDs and not your
own home videos, they will be reluctant to make copies for you.
Perhaps you can say that you are willing for them to copy it and then
they can discard the originals...but I am sure they won't accept that.
 [The VHS tape I copied was a home video.  They had no problems
copying that for me to a file.]

You're best bet is to perhaps do it yourself...

Ray