Re: [tlug] Recovery (for Small Values of Recover)

On 11/14/2011 09:28 AM, Darren Cook wrote:
On the minus side ... and where I need help ... Ibus.  I installed Ibus,
Ibus-anthy, and Anthy from the command line. ...
I've attached my IME setup notes (this was for Ubuntu 10.04, gnome)
below, in case it suggests a step you missed.
Thank you. Sadly the things I didn't do before didn't make any difference. Still no joy.

Darren

IME

Apparently 'ibus' is installed by default.
No, I had to add it manually as well as ibus-anthy and anthy.

Added:
    ibus-anthy

Then go to language, and choose IBUS as the IME.
Then go to system|preferences|ibus, and it will offer to start the daemon.

It says to add these to ~/.bashrc:
   export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
   export XMODIFIERS=@example.com
   export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
This is the step I didn't do previously. I added these three comments at the beginning of the file (using Kate as root) and saved. However, there is no Language tab in Kubuntu 11.10 and, after making the change, selecting a system language did not result in anything being saved and the input method tab was greyed out.

Then in IBUS preferences, input methods tab, find Japanese->Anthy in the
dropdown, then choose add. (by default just English is in there)

Neither English or Anthy were there, just "Japanese >" which was greyed out. After the above changes, the condition remained unchanged

--
CL