Re: [tlug] Computer won't boot after upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Martin G <ebisumartin@example.com> wrote:
> I reported this on askubuntu.stackexchange.com, but I thought I'd
> cross post here because this is a little critical for me.
>
> There are some screenshots which may or may not be helpful here:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/65973/ubuntu-wont-boot-after-upgrade-to-11-10
>

> Any ideas on what I can try to get my Ubuntu 11.10 to boot?
>
> Or at least how I can poke at it so that it will tell me what's wrong?

This may sound like a dumb question, but did you remove the USB
devices before or after the install?

Also, try booting into the system with the live CD and see what it has
your drives labeled as (/dev/sdc for instance).  Sometimes in past
Ubuntu install scripts have gotten confused as to what they should
call drives and that has caused issues.  It might be worth the trouble
to tweak the fstab a bit.  Might even be worth making sure that you
use the UUID's for the partitions instead of the paths.