[tlug] dvd rip

Hi, first the outline: I have a dvd disk from which I want to save some [short] movies. The movies are chapters 1-30 of title 2 on the disk. No how do I do it automaticaly? That is, most probably, from the command line? The purpose of this exercise is to be able to watch those movies on the notebook without a cd/dvd-drive.

Now some technical info: The task is to be done on a gentoo machine I have been experimenting with vlc (gui) and found out empiricaly that 30fps and bitrate 500kb/s looks good enough (whatever is the real meaning behind those numbers).
By using vlc, I did not manage to get sound to the resulting movies.

could anyone give me some advice on this issue? Thank you in advance.

Best regards