Re: [tlug] Secure messaging solutions for Linux users and others.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:51:07 +1000
S Gibson <terryteo@example.com> wrote:

> I would second Jabber.

I second (third? ;) jabber as well. But additionally recommend using
pgp/gpg encryption on the client side. This way not even the server
knows what's going trough.

> Integrates nicely too with Asterisk, so you can
> do things like presence (did that with Polycom phones - do like them).

How does that integration work? Is it precense only? Or can i do calls
using jabber/jingle?

BTW: has anyone got jingle working? All clients i tried sofwar do not
work. Or at least not with my setup and i dont know why.

			Attila Kinali
		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin