Re: [tlug] How to detect unwelcome visitors on my macbook?

Am 06.09.11 12:43, schrieb Raymond Wan:
If someone was trying to do harm to your computer, s/he would do
something undetectable through normal usage.  If someone was moving
your mouse and it wasn't a hardware glitch, it would probably be meant
as a practical joke...you should probably think back to April Fool's
Day and see who in your office you did something mean to.  :-)
There is nobody in my office, I am working from home. But that was my first thought also.

As for your Subject (and not your actual problem)
Hopefully it is not my actual problem. But I would like to know for sure.
there are various
tools for detecting intruders.  I don't know what's available for Mac
and I'm only just learning them myself for Linux.  I installed
rkhunter [1] recently and have since been getting daily reports of
"nothing wrong" -- that's good, I guess.  :-)  Seems there are other
programs available; but I don't know what is good or what is overkill
for a personal machine (i.e., not normally connected to the Net).
Usually I am connected to the net the whole day with this machine.

Ray

[1]  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rkhunter for a one-paragraph summary
Thanks a lot, I will have a look at that one.

Uli