Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Under Solaris, are/can rsh access be logged?
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:18:59 -1000
- From: Romeo Theriault <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Under Solaris, are/can rsh access be logged?
- References: <CA+04B5DFFh3uuUV2afK6neBEXBkSKfiX9OnAEmZk0BxBMSOqLg@example.com>
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 18:59, Jean-Christian Imbeault <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:Under Solaris, where are rsh accesses logged? Under Linux I'd look at
/var/log/secure but under Solaris I can't find the equivalent file.
I've looked in /var/adm/messages and /var/log/auth but neither has any
entries for rsh access. I've read the syslog.conf docs but can't find
any specific mention of logging or how to log rsh.
I don't have an answer for you but it looks like rsh on solaris uses PAM for authentication. You probably want to look into making some changes to rsh's pam config to get it to log connection (attempts).
- [tlug] Under Solaris, are/can rsh access be logged?
- From: Jean-Christian Imbeault
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Under Solaris, are/can rsh access be logged?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [tlug-admin] [announcement] nomikai Aug 26, Fri (Beer Garden)
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Under Solaris, are/can rsh access be logged?
- Next by thread: [tlug] What if php were british?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links