Re: [tlug] Edy with !Windows

On 06/04/2011 01:01 PM, Simon Cozens wrote:
So, I'm presuming here that Japanese ecommerce has dragged itself into the
twentieth century, but is it possible to do internet shopping with Edy cards
if you're not using Windows? There seems to be a libpasori thing but that also
appears to only deal with reading card data.

I don't think so. The key derivation algorithm needed to authenticate
to FeliCa cards is proprietary and patented. So it's not likely to
show up in open source software. libpasori and felicalib only implement
the read/write without encryption commands.

Of course, they might have 'legal' software for Mac (!Windows), but I wouldn't know.