Re: [tlug] Commodore 64...in a joystick

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:45 AM,  <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011 02:13:17 +1000, Johan Berntsson <johan@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:58 AM,  <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
>
>> > ... C64_Direct-to-TV
>>
>> I had one of those, great fun. Unfortunately it is broken now.
>
> Broken mechanically? electrically? dunno?

Must be some kind of electronic trouble. It starts normally, but after
a few seconds the picture fades and goes black. Perhaps a broken
capacitor?

The joystick has some good games, but it should be possible to use the
chip to build a cheap C64, just by adding a keyboard interface and
some memory. In fact, lots of people have been hacking the C64-DTV,
see http://picobay.com/dtv_wiki/index.php?title=C64_DTV_Hacking_Wiki