Re: [tlug] SIP Providers?

On 05/05/2011 01:26, S Gibson wrote:
> Denphone can do that.
> http://www.denphone.com/
> (disclaimer: I used to work there. service is very reliable imho. )

If I understand http://www.denphone.com/files/iax_connect.pdf correctly, they
don't quite do what I want, but that has helped me to clarify my requirements!

This is just for my personal use, for a house phone when we get back to Kyoto,
and what I essentially want is a slightly more controllable version of
something like Yahoo BBPhone - either a local Kyoto or VOIP (050) number - at
sensible prices.

I know sensible prices for telephony in Japan is a novel idea, but the world
is moving towards free (and making money off the interconnect fees). I'm in
the process of porting my UK landline to SIP and this will cost about 200 yen
a month. I have another UK number through UKDDI which is free, so somewhere
between those two prices would be ideal. :-) Japan will get there in the end...