Re: [tlug] New Install Text Colo(u)r Problem

On 04/22/2011 03:58 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
Re: "2.  All of the links work, but the new window pops under the
existing page instead of over."

I don't have an answer for this, but experience it from time to time
(sometimes it has this behavior, sometimes it doesn't - black magic
style), and have just gotten used to hitting [Alt]+[Tab] when I know a
window *should* have just opened.  Not a proper answer, but I thought
I'd mention it in the off-chance it's of some use.

Thanks. Having a re-think, based upon your comments, I decided to turn off a number of "Desktop Effects" presets (as in "turn off anything that isn't explained to a point where I get the point) and to modify a couple of "Windows Behavior" presets to their basic (less pretty) configurations. It appears as though I have found a solution, although I am not sure which of three possible choices made that happen. I now also have eliminated the annoying-but-not-fatal background screen darkening every time an information window pops up, reducing the time it takes to see the page I originally intended to look at and allowing me to decide quickly whether to allow JavaScript, or not.

Now, on to the dreaded red type problem ... which, since it occurs in both my browser and mail program makes me think that it is a KDE issue.

--
CL