Re: [tlug] UPS batteries

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 11:26:32AM +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> What do people normally do when their UPS batteries die? One of my two
> APC ES-500 units started complaining a couple of months ago (it was
> 5-6 years old, so no complaints), and I've finally got around to
> pulling the "PXL12072" battery out: I've found one online for 18,165
> yen, another for 17,300 yen. Choke, splutter, I think I can buy a
> similar spec UPS [1] for half that.

That's expensive.  Here in Italy the original replacement for your UPS
(APC RBC2 battery) is sold at 36 euro -- more or less one quarter of the
prices you found.

I had to replace the battery of my UPS (APC BR800I) two months ago, and
the original part cost me less than one half of the UPS price tag; in
my case replacing the whole UPS would not have been a bargain.

Cheers,
 David