Re: [tlug] Need a Japanese keyboard

On 12 April 2011 22:45, David Shanahan <david@example.com> wrote:

> "You must unlearn what you have learned" - Yoda.
>
> Except now I can't. My fingers expect a semicolon to the right of 'L',
> and brackets are shift-8, shift-9.

Except now I won't. ;)

I actually *like* the Japanese layout--I used it in Ireland after
giving up on the UK layout after a couple frustrating weeks, same
story here, but it only took a week to hate and fear the Swedish
layout. :)

The US layout is annoying, but I can live with it. Given a choice,
however, I'll always take the Japanese. All those extra keys are fun
to map to stuff in my window manager.

Cheers,
Josh