Re: [tlug] Monkey vs Apache!!! Fight!

> First, I don't see a referrer in the logs, but that's where I'd look
> first -- some script in your content either going nuts, or convincing
> itself that the expected content was broken and retrying, or some
> network problem that actually did cause the content to be broken so
> that the request was retried.

Yeah, that thought has occurred to me too, but if that were the case
then it shouldn't it occur when it gets hit from elsewhere? I also
thought there might be something weird with that page itself but I've
tried it out on various browsers in our office and can't seem to
trigger the same sort of behavior. No referrer indeed. It's highly
likely he has book marked it or just left it open (it's his own
profile page, so that's not weird). That page and another related one.
He's probably just tweaking it.

> It's possible with some firewalls to rate limit connections from a
> given IP.  Maybe Apache has a similar functionality, but probably not.

There is something called mod bandwidth, which does have a
MaxConnections setting.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/sandbox/mod_bw/mod_bw.txt (see
section 3.8)
I've mucked around with it a bit but can't quite seem to get it to do
what I want. Maybe there is something better out there for it?

Cheers,
Sach