Re: [tlug] Any iptables wizards around?

Andreas Kieckens wrote:
> So apparently the source nat is properly happening when the dns
> request for google goes out but then the response doesn't know where
> to find 172.16.0.10.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this? Perhaps through virtual
> interfaces? If possible, I would like to handle this on the host OS
> without tinkering with the VM's internal network settings.

I think proxy_arp may be what you are looking for:
http://www.sjdjweis.com/linux/proxyarp/

I have used this ages ago to for a ppp point2point link, but don't really
remember the details, except that I had hooked up one host in the
lan over a serial connection running ppp, and the router needed
proxy_arp to answer arp requests for that hosts ip.

HTH,

--
Tobias						PGP: http://8ef7ddba.uguu.de