Re: [tlug] Measuring radioactivity at TEPCO Fukushima plant

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I think this has been published already on this list, but
> "nen-no-tame" I'll post the URL again.

   In the same vein, below is a link that can be found
(if I'm remembering right) on the FAQ given on the
much-accessed geiger counter page. (park18.wakwak.com
page).

    This links to a google maps page of Japan, and the map
has a series of "push-pin" links covering most of Japan. Each
"pushpin" link (there are 30 or so) links to a site that gives
radiation readings. The readings come from a variety of sources,
ranging from professional to amateur to "official". (For exmaples:
Hino city Private meteorological observatory" - this is the above-mentioned
'wakwak' page, "Center for Environmental Radiation Monitoring Shizuoka",
"Yokohama City Office", etc. etc.)

    Each page has its own format, and most of the sites I have
looked at employ yet another exposure unit: micro Grays.

    If you haven't seen this yet, have at it.

   -Chris