Re: [tlug] iTunes replacement

If you just want a player that plays the music, and you want to handle the organizing to yourself, I would recommend Vincent Spader's Cog, which I use by far the most.  Also, while VLC doesn't have the most beautiful interface, it does have the advantage of being able to play pretty much any format you can imagine.

If you want an application that will also abstract you from the filesystem representation of your music, there is sbooth's Play, and of course Songbird, but I'd expect they'd have similar problems to iTunes.  I could never get used to dealing with a music player that wanted to manage my files for me.

 -Jdbk