Re: [tlug] How to check when a MySQL table was last SELECTED

>> Bin log will only record the modifications, so SELECT will not be logged.
>
> Ah, good point.

Yup there is not point in having a slave or node repeat a SELECT.

>> If the SELECT was slow and you had slow_query logging turned on
>> it would show up there.  Depending upon the version you could log all
>> selects by making the slow_query threshold extremely small.
>
> Be careful; I set the threshold to 0 last week in an attempt to
> disable the slow query log (I think that worked in MySQL 5.0, but we
> just upgraded one DB to 5.1) and generated 200G of logs in a couple of
> hours. :-/

Funny, thing. This will probably work. If it's set to 0 and it logs
ALL SQL queries that's fine. I'll just run it in a few sample sets
over a week or so at various hours, then correlate the data later.

>> Actually, maybe MySql Proxy would do a good job of that.
>
> Good idea. You could also simply proxy the client through netcat and tee, right?

Ah, that could work too but it's probably easier to shift through the
slow log (assuming it works).

Thanks for the ideas all.

Cheers,
Sach