Re: [tlug] Unix Otto closed doors, PA-RISC server shop

Hi Pietro,

It has been quite some time since I touched anything like that...

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 22:34, Pietro Zuco <drzuco@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:
>
>> they actually still have a shop for servers, just not in the main area:
>> http://www.ottoserver.com/
>> http://tinyurl.com/6gtp65t
>
> Thanks.
> I called them, but otto only sells UNIX online :(
>
>> I'm not going to ask you why you want to do that but ottoserver say they
>> have some HP machine. Give it a go.
>
> I can't tell but just I need them in my job to do some test with Linux
> on that arch instead of HPUX :)

Some googling turned out this:
	http://www.datalive.co.jp/product/unix_server_usedhp-ux/index.html#HP9000
I guess you can get some machine used boxen from there. Be careful
with the peripherals (e.g. NIC), cause it will be a pain to find
working ones these days (for older boxen). Also you might need a SCSI
HDD.

I have no idea how you'll get a software license these days, or will
you be installing Linux?
 (Gentoo? wink, wink:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/hppa/current-stage3/
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/2008.0/handbook-hppa.xml )