Re: [tlug] [Javascript] enabling/disabling buttons: Japanese text

Shawn, Stephen,

Thanks you for responding.

Based on what you guys said, I see where I was making one conceptual
mistake. In my head I was defining onChange() as meaning "when the
contents of the text box are changed", when it actually means "when you
move focus away from the text box".

If that definition is more accurate, then maybe onChange() is doing what
it is supposed to.

However, I'm not quite seeing response similar to what Shawn says. In
fact, it went a little wonky on me.

What I mean is, that I thought I'd try Google Chrome to see if the
behaviour Shawn reported matched his, then I'd be able to narrow down if
the problem I had was Firefox.

When viewing my site in Chrome, when I enter Japanese text, it also does
not respond to when I finish typing in Japanese text. I have to switch
to typing in English to trigger a response.

Worse, though, in Chrome, after I finally force a response, it converts
the Japanese text to this:

u8868u53c2u9053

I double checked on Firefox, and Firefox is at least handling the
Japanese correctly.

Anyone have any idea what *that's* about?

--
Dave M G