Re: [tlug] Ubuntu server, Windows 7 client, and the firewall between them

Romeo,

Thanks for responding!

> 137 and 138 should be open to udp, and 139 and 445 should be open to tcp.

Gotcha.

However, one thing I notice is that if I turn the firewall off, but
watch the output in Firestarter to see which ports are being activated,
only 445 ever seems to be called.

Perhaps 138-139 are deprecated?
http://www.grc.com/port_445.htm

> Silly question, but what's your windows client IP address?

Is that a silly question? Any question is good to me.

In any case, the answer is that my Windows 7 client is set to a static
IP of 192.168.0.6

--
Dave M G