Re: [tlug] Importing WiFi equipment

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Shmuel Fomberg <owner@example.com> wrote:
Can I bring a wifi router to Japan?
or is there any difference in the frequencies so it is not allowed?

You can.  My Japanese Buffalo USB wifi dongle (8011n) works fine with my American D-Link wifi router.  If you decide to buy a router in Japan (and bring it back to your country later) it should be fine too, though the Japanese menus may take some fiddling.

If you aren't from North America, you might want to think about your power supply, though.

--
Ai Ling Chow | alchow@example.com