Re: [tlug] bash/mail: stop the send if body is blank

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> I have this script that runs daily:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> cd /path/to/website/root
> svn status | egrep -v '(path/to/ignore.me.file)' | mail -s "svn status
> report" -c someone2@example.com someone@example.com

Please try:

svn status | egrep -v '(path/to/ignore.me.file)' > a.tmp.file
mail -s "svn status  report" -c someone2@example.com < a.tmp.file

calling mail command from a shell is not bad, but I suggest doing that
with script
written in python or PHP.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )