[tlug] Suggestions for a smartphone with an SSH client?

Ian Barwick writes:

 > I will be getting a new company mobile phone which I'd like to be
 > able to use for emergency remote administration (browser and SSH
 > access).

I think you want to avoid Softbank (famous for downtime) and maybe
KDDI, because Docomo (damned ex-monopolist and all) still has better
coverage and likely better reliability.

If iPhone is now available with Docomo, that changes the equation, of
course.

 > 2) If Android, which model?

Everything I hear (see Stuart's mail, for instance) is that the phone
doesn't matter, it's which version of the OS you have that does.  But
I don't have a smartphone yet (and no plans to get one at the moment
:-) so what do I know?<wink>