Re: [tlug] Getting a client and server to agree on UTC time [SOLVED]

Darren, Edmund,

Thanks for responding.

On the PHP side, the key was date_default_timezone_set("UTC"). That
cleared up some weird results I was getting by just using time() on its own.

That made me also realize that on the Javascript side, I thought
Date().getTime() was giving me back local times, but it was actually
giving me UTC times.

>From this point on, I've got a lot of cleaning up of the code to do to
get things consistent, but at least now I know what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for setting me straight!

--
Dave M G