Re: [tlug] Remote desktop viewer not connecting

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 02:07, Romeo Theriault <romeo.theriault@example.com> wrote:

This is what I use to start my vnc server when I need access to it:
vncserver -geometry 1152x864 -depth 24 :1

That opens it on port 5901.

Hmm, after I sent this out, I realized this isn't probably what you want. I usually am starting up vnc on a headless box for my own use and am starting up a new display (the :1).

I have a .vnc dir in my home directory, with a xstartup file, with these contents:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
gnome-session &

Which essentially starts up my desktop environment.

I'm not sure how you'd share your current desktop out via vnc. Not something I've had to do.

Good luck!

Romeo