[tlug] Worth coming to Japan before getting a job?

Hi,

Long time lurker here.

I am a UNIX admin with over 6 years experience in RHEL & Solaris with RHCE & SCSA.

I would love to one day work in Japan, I hold a Japanese spouse visa, so I am eligible to work. Given the current climate, would it be silly to quit my current job, to come to Japan and try to look for work?

I have very little Japanese language skill (working on it) but I read that most jobs working with UNIX are based within english speaking banks anyway.

Any guidance would be appreciated.