Re: [tlug] Where to get a "free" mp3 walkman in Japan

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> 100 yen?  Seriously?  "If it sounds too good to be true..."  Really?
> And they work?

They are generally functional.  I have one that I used for a few
months before I got my iPhone.  Catch is that it is generally part of
a campaign.   You have to rent ten CD's or similar. ^_^

They did a 1000 Yen DVD player for a while too.  Had to rent five
DVD's to get that price.
The unit was the bare bones type you can get for 3000 to 4000 yen at
Yamada though. :P