Re: [tlug] Mixi vs. The BBC

 On 9/30/2010 5:03 PM, Darren Cook wrote:
Ubuntu 10.04, firefox 3.6.10. While I'm listening to BBC radio (iplayer,
i.e. flash), if I view certain pages on mixi it kills the radio.
Almost certainly the flash plugin crashing as it processes ads on the
pages you surf to. ...
I wondered that too, but the flash ads on mixi didn't seem to be doing
much unusual, and those flash ads were running fine (well, only one
seemed to be animating). I have the iplayer going all day long, browsing
various sites that have more than their fair share of ads, and
everything is fine.
Could be an ad network that only Mixi uses, I guess. Or some Flash on
the Mixi site itself.

What about using an ad-blocker or flash-blocker to selectively enable only the flash elements you're using?

Kyle