Re: [tlug] Laptop repair: backlight

They replaced the LCD inverter.

My screen also suffers from a few very thin horizontal white lines
which I did not get fixed. The repairman explained to me that the
cause was the cable that connects the LCD to the main board. It's a
host of very thin wires and some of then where probably broken.

Unfortunately for me the repairman let me know that that particular
cable, although very easy to replace, was one of the most expensive
parts of the laptop. About 7,500 for the part!

At that price I decided I was able to live with those lines. If I ever
decided otherwise I may revisit Akihabara and see if I can find a
2,000 junk laptop and cannibalize it for parts. The only problem with
a junk laptop is since you cannot boot them up you might buy it only
to find that the LCD cable is no good.

Jc