Re: [tlug] wireless router: beginner advice

Le vendredi 10 septembre 2010, Darren Cook a écrit :
> My house is two floors. What part of the spec do I need to look at to
> know the range of these routers? (One of the comments on the Buffalo
> model says 60 tsubo house, and the signal is fine upstairs and through 2
> walls.)
Looks reasonable. The WHR-G300N works at 48/54Mbps through plaster wall at
0dB/1mW (minimal signal power both sides, 802.11g). Antennas are internal:
This is its weak point.

I suggest you to look at the 'High Power' series:
WZR-HP-G300NH/G301NH 7900 yen
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0036OQSB2
3 antennas (2 external), Gigabit, USB (NAS, 3G or anything you want with a
custom firmware) and a huge 32MB flash memory. Not as tiny as the WHR.

But whatever the router is, if your building is made of armed concrete,
wireless won't work (faraday cage) or will be greatly reduced.

Francois