Re: [tlug] Further adventures in stability and security: backups

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 01:33:06 +0900
Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> What do you guys do for off site back ups?

I don't backup the stuff i have at home to a remote
site.. It's too much data :-/

But i backup quite a few servers i have at various locations
around the world, are backed up to my fileserver at home
using an rsync based app.

I personally wouldnt trust any online service to keep
my data safe. Definitly not one that is based in the US!

The solution i'd use (if i had enough money to buy the
disks i'd need) is to put a server into a colo center
and backup onto that. Or to machine located at
friends/family members home (unfortunately, noone
with a thik enough tube available).

On the other hand.. if a meteorite hits my home, i have
other problems to care about then the loss of data.

			Attila Kinali
--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.