Re: [tlug] In the beginning there is GRUB... or is there another?

On 08/27/2010 08:11 PM, Dave M G wrote:
TLUG,

I seem to be in a zone of tweaking my computers these days, so here's
the latest minor irritant.

8>< schnitt

So... it's like there's something between the POST and GRUB... but what
the heck would that be? And why does it take so long to do its thing?

Most importantly, can I get it to not to whatever it's doing, or do it
quicker, so I can boot faster? My spider sense tells me it's just some
time out of some kind, so surely I can skip it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Suggest you take a good close look at the grub . man pages. Lots of interesting stuff to be found there ... which can hurt really bad if you get it wrong ... so read carefully and understand twice before resorting to verbose instruction and result reporting.

DAMHIK

--
CL