Re: [tlug] Basic home-use firewall distro?

> M0n0wall, from which pfSense is based, runs fine from a CD with
> configuration stored on a floppy.  It's not as feature filled as some
> of the others but it's a great firewall/NAT.

Thanks for the pointer... of course I was aware of m0n0wall, but had
passed it over because it said it was for "embedded use", and that
sounded like something different than what I needed. Taking a closer
look, and with your rec, it seems like this may be just the thing for
me, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

> I stumbled upon this list of live CD firewalls but of the distros on
> this list I've only used m0n0wall and pfSense.
> http://www.livecdlist.com/purpose/firewall

This is a useful reference too.

Thanks again,

Dave