Re: [tlug] Something's not right about my JSON

David,

Thank you for responding.

I think you at least want a "new Object();", not "new Array():"

Yes, I think you're right.

From documentation I had read, it seemed that Javascript objects and arrays were largely the same thing, in that they are loosely equivalent. Like PHP, Javascript is loosey goosey about handling variable types.

Anyway, stop the presses for a moment.

That change has made the stringify function work, and now that I'm seeing more clearly how my JSON is getting constructed, I think I can work out a few more steps down the line.

What the hell am I doing coding at one in the morning on a Saturday anyway?

I will report back when I've determined whether or not this solves my problem or not.

--
Dave M G